Friday, June 25, 2004

ABOUT ME

100 Things About Me

Go read through this if you have the luxury of time and if you want to.

(1) I am a Sagittarian, born December 18, 1980.

(2) Parents originally wanted to have 2 children. Dad wanted to have a male child that's why I was born.

(3) When I was born, Dad was the only person with mom. Mom gave birth to me without any aid from anybody.

(4) My parents are both elementary school undergraduates. My father studied but did not finish grade 5, my mother, up to grade 4.

(5) I have 3 more sisters and no bro at all. We are 6 in the family.

(6) I am the third daughter.

(7) I am the only one in the family who doesn't love going to discos and out-of-towns. ( I dance but I don't love discos. I go out-of-town once in a while but I hate packing things and unpacking them when I get back.)

(8) I was the only member in the family who could ask papa to go home when it's late and he's hanging out with friends drinking alcoholic drinks.

(9) I rejoice with having a new pad paper when I was in grade school.

(10) My favorite food was scrambled egg. I get fed up with dried fish and veggies.

(11) I acted like I was mom when she's not around- scolded my sis for not doing her assignment. I think I still do even if I'm not the eldest.

(12) I am frugal ever since. I asked for ice water instead of getting one myself during lunch breaks besides I did not have enough money to buy ice water.

(13) Used detergent bar as shampoo during my elementary years. Man, my hair looked dull and hard to brush.

(14) I am used to walking. I walked to and fro school when I was in Elementary (about 20 minutes) and from school to home when I was in High School (about an hour).

(15) I loved picking guavas in the forest, eating them and selling what I could not consume. Business-minded ever since.

(16) I was a classroom vendor. I sold candies, chocs, and the like. Told you I am a business-minded gal.

(17) I love peanuts. One time, I overate peanuts- a kilo of it and then I suffered vomiting and LBM the next day.

(18) I swore I wouldn't anymore eat peanuts since then.

(19) But in just a week, I am eating nuts again. Can't get enough of it.

(20) I am a farmer. Have done all these-cleaning the field, planting corn, peanuts and beans, giving them fertilizer and harvesting them. Swear!

(21) My mom always wrapped all of us (kids) with long pants and jackets for protection against sunlight and weeds.

(22) I had my first crush when I was in Grade two. I was 8 years old then. My crush was a classmate but he's older by about 4 years.

(23) When I was a child, I love writing on our green wall. It is a blackboard to me.

(24) I love teaching and used act like one in school and at home.

(25) Originally dreamed of being a teacher but ended up being a Computer Engineer.

(26) Mom wanted me to choose another field after my two elder sisters became teachers.

(27) The wildest dream I had when I was a kid, according to my mom, was having my own car. Up to now, I still want to have one.

(28) I danced a lot when I was in Elementary; first dance was Pearly Shells.

(29) I lived in my uncle's (my second dad) house for a year or two when i was in grade school. I was doing a little of house-helping and companying my aunt (my second mom).

(30) They are financially supporting me and my sisters' education when my parents don't have enough.

(31) Joined all sorts of stage presentations and contests then including singing competition. First song I sang in an inter-school competition was "Bayan Ko" (by Asin- not so sure).

(32) Won second place then.

(33) I quit dancing when I entered high school. I believe I wasn't good enough.

(34) I joined Miss United Nations and won Miss Friendship when I was in first year high school.

(35) I joined journalism when I was in first year and became the school's News Editor when I reached second year.

(36) Won News Writing up to Regional Level and was sent to Koronadal South Cotabato for the National Competition. I was second year then. I was with fourth year schoolmates.

(37) Didn't make it in the National Level.

(38) Journey to Cotabato was my first time to be away from home without a family member with me. Mama cried when I left for Cotabato is known to be a dangerous place.

(39) I was a girl scout from Elementary till High School. Always the Scout Leader.

(40) I am a crying gal; cry so easily- when hurt, worried and even when angry.

(41) I am a home buddy; prefer to stay home rather than roam around malls and hop islands.

(42) Rarely watch movies on a movie house. I've only watched utmost 10 movies there. I prefer watching movies at home. First movie that i watched was "Maalaala Mo Kaya The Movie". I was already in High School.

(43) Best movie I've watched- "What Lies Beneath". I love suspense and horror films- those that seem to take my spirit away from me for a while.

(44) I don't give money as a form of help to beggars; I give foods instead.

(45) Every now and then, I clean and clear my closet from clothes I don't wear anymore and give it away to those who need it. One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

(46) I stayed in an orphanage when I was in second year college. My mom didn't want me to get a pad, way too expensive for us then.

(47) Reared two kids in the orphanage. I get so attached to them. Realized there are some unlucky kids on earth given to irresponsible/immature parents.

(48) All the guys I've got attracted to got attracted to me first. I don't get attracted to men who are not attracted to me first.

(49) My mother knows all those who courted me. They all had to visit me at home.

(50) House rule: No boyfriend while studying.

(51) We all broke the house rule but with permission. I was the last one who broke it.

(52) I've only have one boyfriend since birth. (Still counting though). I was 20 years old then, fourth year college.

(53) I am a certified SM (ShoeMart) Foundation Scholar (joined 1997 and graduated 2002). Forever grateful to SM!

(54) I got the scholarship not really because of brain but of financially instability and visible drive to succeed.

(55) I consider Ms. Bernaldez (SM Foundation Scholars' Project Director )as a great mentor and spiritual adviser.

(56) I am grateful to Mr. Jonathan S. Demol and his sister, Ms. Susan Demol for introducing me to the Scholarship. Mr. Jonathan S. Demol was a great mentor. I owe him a lot.

(57) I got my first job via internet.

(58) Got accepted December, 2001, 3 months before my graduation.

(59) I love surprises: No one in the family knew I was leaving for Japan not until my graduation, no one knew I was going back to the Philippines after a year of stay in Japan.

(60) Still with the same company as of this writing, Philippine-branch though.

(61) I love Japan, its people and the language but never the food and kanji.

(62) Won Nihongo speech, 1st prize among 21 candidates from different countries (Thailand, Indonesia, China, etc.) during my 6-week orientation course in Japan.

(63) Not really good at Japanese nor at speaking; just that I made one good (and very understandable) speech.

(64) Got a digicam when I got my first allowance (salary).

(65) Had a lot of international friends in the Training Center.

(66) I played basketball with men from China, Mongolia and Thailand every night in the training center.

(67) Famous for a while there, for playing the guitar one night on a party. Was actually a beginner with guitar but they did not realize that.

(68) I love pizza and sweets.

(69) I first tasted Pizza Hut's pizza when I was in Fourth Year College for financial reasons.

(70) I never spend beyond what I earn. NEVER yet.

(71) I don't think twice at buying gadgets, I think a thousand times.

(72) Gadgets I personally bought: on sale canon digicam, second hand nokia 3310 cellphone, second hand iPod and on sale E5105 Dell laptop.

(73) I am super conscious with my cellulites.

(74) I got back to dancing 3 years after I graduated college, for slimming purposes.

(75) I know a little of almost everything- dancing, singing, badminton, wall climbing, mountain climbing, journalism, driving. I'm the so-called jack of all the trades and master of none.

(76) I never engaged in sports activities when I was in school.

(77) Won 3rd place in Cebu Nihongo Speech contest on 2005 (coach: Mr. Flynn Bersales) and won first place when i joined again on 2006 (coach: Ms. Matayoshi Kazuyo).

(78) Tangible things I won: rice cooker and microwave oven (Nihongo Speech Contest); digicam and dvd player (Company's Christmas Raffle)

(79) I failed in the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) Level 3 while my friends made it. My score, being 3 points less than the passing score. I think that is just a single item. Not so lucky me.

(80) I failed in JITSE (Japanese IT Standards Exam) and promised I would never take the test again. All my colleagues also failed. They made it on their second time. I did not take my second chance.

(81) I always wear high-heeled shoes/boots to increase my height.

(82) I love black- shirts, blouses, jeans, shoes.

(83) I am good at gaining weight, very poor at losing them.

(84) I can't move bowels without drinking my herbal tea. Darn...

(85) Originally used the tea for slimming, now I can't live without it. I am already depending on it for digestion.

(86) I love eating and eat a lot when I'm desperate.

(87) I am a desperate baker. Been looking forward to grab my own oven and start baking.

(88) My weight is directly proportional to my hair length. When I grow my hair long, I gain weight, when I wear it short, I lose weight. Yah, I know it's strange.

(89) I don't like kids younger than 2 years old; they can't talk that's why.

(90) I hate people who come late especially those who demand you to be on time and yet they never make it themselves.

(91) I am not good at explanations. I can't even explain myself even if I have the right stand on things.

(92) I don't want to live more than 70 years. I won't be useful then and I will only cause hassle.

(93) I have never been admitted to the hospital. As in NEVER.

(94) My worst ailment so far is inflammation of sinusitis due to over fatigue. I blow blood on my nose but that's nothing serious. The doctor just made me rest.

(95) I've got astigmatism before and it caused me migraine. It got cured (naturally) in Japan.

(96) Migraine and astigmatism often strikes when I'm stressed and being rained on.

(97) I used to never fight for what I think is right, I now do, especially for my mom.

(98) My dad died of liver cancer on Feb 2006. I didn't cry a lot. I wanted to be my mom's strength.

(99) I believe in God. I believe dad is with HIM.
(100) I look forward to a painless death and to reside in the promised place, where there is no hatred and no suffering, HEAVEN.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the list a lot! way to go Rose ^^ Maybe you can come up with another list, let's say, after 20 years and then you can compare them ^^

Rose said...

thanks steph! create yours too and uL be amazed at knowing your own self. and so will your readers.

Anonymous said...

kahadlok! hahaha ^^ Maybe someday I will ^^

Anonymous said...

wow! a new headshot! asa ka sa duha? hehehe ^^ pareho bitaw gwapa. or lalake ng iro? ^^

Anonymous said...

nalingaw ko sa list.. i made a comment on your other site... ingat po...