Saturday, January 14, 2006

today and tomorrow

Papa sleeps about 70% of each day.  He wakes up only when he takes medicines, eats, drinks, moves bowels and urinates.  We'd like to see him going around the house or at least, muse the flowers in our garden.  It should make him a little better.  But he refused to.  He's just too tired to walk around and open his eyes.  He just wants to keep closing his eyes to deceive himself and forget about the pain, at least, a little.



Today we went out to see Papa's doctor.  It's been a week since he's discharged from the hospital and we're to go for consultation every week.  The doctor examined Papa and found out that there's water on his lungs reason why he found it hard to move around and breath well.  We went for a Chest x-ray and then have to wait for 2 days for the result.  The x-ray would show the amount of water inside his lungs and would help his doctor evaluate whether or not, the water has to be removed via paracentesis (I guess).



I moved around again to find his medicines, the newly-prescribed ones and then I am here, in the office, working, while Ma, Pa and sister went back home.



Tomorrrow will be 'Sinulog' (dance feast in honor of Sr. Sto. Nino) here.  It is a grand day in Cebu and people from all over the world gather to witness this special event.  I wish I could be merry.  I just couldn't.  The storm seems to never cease. 



Tomorrow, too, Papa will turn a year older.  It will be Papa's 50th birthday.  I wish I could greet him a happy one.  But I know I couldn't.  How could he be when he's in pain? 



So, most likely, we'll just have to let it pass and consider that day to be just another day in our lives.



Will he ever get well?  Only heaven knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

always remember this quote rose: "this too shall pass". I am feeling sad for you every time I read your blog.