Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Boat Is Sinking

Every Filipino is aware of the situation that the Philippines is facing.  Whether we like it or not, the Philippine situation is like a sinking ship and to save one's self means to get a good grip of what is at hand. 



I'm really sick of the Philippine situation-economic, political, whatsoever... everything is getting worse.  I wish there is a way for me to shout and be heard.  But there is none.  People are so oblivious and unmindful despite of my loud screaming call.  People are so busy rescuing their own selves, for, surely, this is the best that there is to do-rescuing our own selves and take for granted all those which can't be of help. 



We're running out of time, and if we dare stay, we know, we will sink with the rest.  How come we never realized that long before this very moment?  Actually, we do, just that, we didn't seem to have any option but to stay and make the best out of what is here. 



There are things that bother me, things I'm worried about.  When I get married and have a child of my own, I don't want him to see how poor and polluted the Philippines is.  When I grow old, I don't wanna be a liability to my children.  I don't wanna suffer earning a single peso that hard for a living, only to find out that I can never have what I wanted from my hard-earned money.  I can only satisfy, utmost, my needs.  I want to go some place where there is no borderline between having a want and having a need, for acquiring wants is simply easy and possible, unlike here in the Philippines, when you got to spend a month's pay for a single mobile phone and it  causes a pain in the ass letting go of the hard-earned thousand because there are more important things to have other than a mobile phone.



Guess not every Filipino is aware that there is a world far better than this.  And for us, who know, we gotta climb higher and get a good grip of whatever is at hand for there is no telling when the ship sinks.  But it is, soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pinoy ako, Pinoy tayo..

hehe..:D