Saturday, August 26, 2006

rainy days

On rainy days, I can't help but think of my mom alone in her room. I wonder how empty and lonely it is, spending nights without my dad's embrace. I wonder how painful it really is, being left by someone you used to share the bed every single night and perhaps, whisper each other, "I Love You". I wonder what she does to lessen the pain of the truth that dad left physically and could never be beside her. I wonder what memories come to her as she lays herself to sleep while the rain's dropping. I think, I know. She's feeling COLD and EMPTY.

It must be sad being left by someone you wanted to be with forever. It must be sadder on rainy days. I hope she stops crying, at least, soon after the rain stops.

I love you Ma. I may not know how it really feels or how painful it really is but I guess, I know a bit. Hug the pillows and wrap yourself with your blanket and it might feel like it's Papa hugging you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel lonely when it rains too! Who would not want to snuggle with a special someone on a rainy day? I know your mom must feel lonely, I would feel so lonely and sober if I am in her shoes.