Monday, August 14, 2006

what i'd rather do than anything else

I think I have made it clear that I do not really love what I am doing right now. I do this for the sake of earning a living, not because I love this.

Having said that statement, I think I have to answer what is it that I really love to do and where is it that I really wanted to be if I am not right here.

There are three things I can think of right now - showbiz (haha!), journalism and trading/services biz (enumerated in particular order.) Funny, I know.


I am not good at singing or dancing or acting, but I guess I can learn those crafts if I give enough time learning them. I think I just love meeting people, waving my hands, smiling at them. Haha! (as if these are the only things a showbiz personality does). Although I never dress up nor wear makeups nor do my hair, I really do think I would love someone doing that to me. I love performing although I know I am never yet good at anything I made mention. I love seeing the crowd, being adored by them. Guess I can only dream of doing this! Sure I could tell that I confused my feelings with the truth... =)


Journalism. No! not the news editor or sports editor. Perhaps a feature editor or just an author of short stories. I am not good at writing either. I just know I love to write.

Or... I can do my own business such as being a studio photographer (ID pix, barkada pose, and the like) and doing the printing myself. I like playing with photos and enhancing them. I started out doing this kind of biz just last year and I am enjoying it although I do not spend so much time on it as I am busy with "doing something I do not really love." Or... I can own a store where daily needs are sold. I am definitely a business-minded person since birth.


None of these three is anything I can do well. The things that I love to do are not necessarily the things I can do well. In fact, I couldn't think of anything I am really good at.


And why am I still here when my mind and heart are somewhere else?


Patience is a virtue! Haha...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi rose ,
i like your idea and be happy lady, life is cool and face it every facets

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking of these things lately...I am not a good programmer, nor in business nor could fit in showbiz! my golly. But I would like to believe I MUST be good at SOMETHING! hahaha..positive, positive outlook...I have yet to find that something, though. =)