Friday, September 16, 2005

Back Then: Childhood Dreams

When I was a kid, I dreamt of
(Imagine the kind of life I had. My father is a carpenter. My mother is a housewife. There are 4 kids.)
(1) becoming a teacher. This is because the first profession I was exposed to was teaching.
(2) having a house that's made of stone and not of wood
(3) eating colorful and oishii foods. We used to have dried fish and veggies for meals.
(4) having enough money (We always ran out of this)
(5) having fancy clothes.
(6) peaceful family. Remember my dad used to drink alcohol and he's not earning enough and he used to consume all his money
to alcoholic drinks with friends.
(7) having a fridge
(8) having a car

Life is compose of so many phases. As a child, I dream. While I grow up, I started make them real. Then, I dream more and strive to reach more.

A wooden house can become a cemented one. War can become peace. Dried fishes can become pork and beef. Some come so easily, some take years. Dreams can become real if you know well that life is not merely about sleeping and dreaming. It is about reaching them.

As years passed by I have made almost all of my dreams a reality, except that I still don't have a car and I am not a teacher but an Engineer. It pays to really know how to wait. It pays to be patient, look forward and see past what lies ahead. It pays to just embrace each and every day that comes- both rainy and sunny.

What lies beyond this horizon is not an empty space... it is the product of the efforts you exerted each day.

Sleep...dream...wake-up and see your dreams becoming real. This is all a cycle.

What I wrote once, I'll write again... Never stop dreaming unless you are ready to wake up and make them real.

There is really no answer to the question as to why you are here, unless, you create it yourself.

No comments: