Monday, November 06, 2006

Someone New, Something New

October 28, 2006 (Sat, 12MN)

Sister R called up informing me and mom that my sister S is already experiencing labor pains and they're already on their way to the maternity hospital. I woke my mom up and she rushed to get the box of baby clothes which she and BIL (bro-in-law) prepared months ago. She then woke my cousin up to drive her and sister R to some place where they could get a taxi to the hospital. 12:10, I texted sister S to give her encouragement and support. 1:45, she texted me back, she delivered the baby safely.



That fast.



October 29, 2006 (Sun)

They left the hospital and went to their home-sweet-home.



October 30, 2006 (Mon)

Off they come to our house. Sister S will need my mom's aid especially when my BIL's out and workin'. And so, there goes all of us, around the baby's crib, watching her every move, taking note of her features and to whom are each a copy of. 8 months after my dad left, she came. somehow, like a replacement of the one we lost. but it could have been merrier with dad around. he had been looking forward to see his grandchild. too bad, he's not here anymore. too bad, he can't hold those little hands and feet nor hear those little voice that cries when she's wet and hungry and smiles when she's tickled.



Sheina Denise Nicole. That's her name; the angel who breaks the silence and replaces it with laughter.



That deafening silence is all over.

[I realized that all babies are beautiful. They are innocent ones. They are angels. They are blank pieces of white papers. What parents decide to write on those papers will be a REALLY big factor on how they grow up.]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on having a new member in your family!

Rose said...

thanks steph!

Anonymous said...

congrats! I envy her very fast delivery. I labored for 35 hours before giving birth. And what a long name...artistahin ang pangalan!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to her and your whole family

Rose said...

@grace_f: yeah, such a looooong name! if the baby's mine, i would only choose a single-word one. =) was wondering where you've been. and yeah, found out you were packing lots and lots of stuff. taihen da ne...

@melany_aka_supermom: thank you! and thanks for visiting. i'm honored to have you here.

Anonymous said...

rose! I am still working until Nov. 30. Yes I am packing lots of stuffs...the house is getting lonely. Stop na ka work? You should put a tagboard here.