Monday, November 20, 2006

To Enter Or Not To Enter Japan

Everything was set and ready. I've said my goodbyes and hugged my loved ones. I'll see them in a year. That's not quiet long. I've shed my tears. Goodbyes. Goodbyes. That's hurting me and those I am leaving.

My family sent me off to the airport and as early as 5:00 a.m we're already there. After checking in my luggage I went back to hug and kiss them all goodbye. PAINFUL. It always is. One year could either be long or short. But I told my mom, it is SHORT. I can handle myself and they could trust me on that.

Tears came rolling down while I set my butt on the airplane seat. It's normal. Then I reprogrammed my mind. It's gonna be fun in Japan. It will be fun as long as I want it to be fun. It all depends on me. I should be happy wherever I go. That's just about it. That's just about setting my mind. I shall not think of who and what's not with me but of who and what is with me. I shall learn to live with it. It is my choice.

Waited for about 6 hours in Manila airport before I set my foot to PAL bound for Osaka Japan. That was it. That was farewell to the Philippines and those I hold dear to my heart. Texting. Texting. Last farewell messages came in and out.

Arrived at around 7pm (Japan time) in Japan. Landed safely. SURPRISE. SURPRISE. The immigration officer, upon checking my papers, noticed my COE (Certificate of Eligibility) to had expired a month ago already. So there. Problem began. I was brought inside the immigration office inside the airport by an immigration officer. I was explained that my paper is already invalid. The landing permission has expired. And yeah, I knew it but didn't mind it. I was interviewed - what kind of job I will be doing, what's the employer's name and contact number, etc. They googled my employer's company profile and then had to ask me again several questions. The contact number I gave can't be reached because it's already beyond office hours. So, I was asked for my employer's mobile number. Gosh! I stored in on my mobile phone only and I thought I had no battery anymore. I consumed it while I was in the Philippines saying goodbyes and the like.

Tried to turn my mobile phone and ALAS! it turns on. For a while, the SIM didn't seem to work. I can't browse numbers. And of course, I had no signal for it's not a roaming SIM. Tried again after a minute and then it worked. I got my boss's mobile number and gave it to the officer and then he contacted him. After some explanations, I was released from the immigration office and was allowed to enter Japan.

Huh! It scared me. I did have my farewell party already and freed my treasured career only to be back before I even landed properly here. That's a lot of shame.

Praise GOD!

4 comments:

Sun Jun said...

good thing they let you through ^^
gambatte rose!

Rose said...

thanks steph! twas a blessing for me.

Trick said...

Hiningi ung CoE mo Rose? I believe visa na lang ang titignan sa immigration diba? No?

Rose said...

trick: yong COE, naka-staple sa passport, they checked on it. sana tinanggal ko na lng. hehehe